- This event has passed.
VISUAL ARTS: Blazing a Trail – Irish Women who Changed the World
Saturday 11th May, 2019 - 10:00 - Wednesday 31st July, 2019 - 17:00
Blazing a Trail: Irish Women Who Changed the World
Curated by award-winning writer, Sarah Webb and Illustrated by Lauren O’Neill
The women in this vibrant exhibition have excelled in the arts and entertainment, science and medicine, politics, sports, aviation and adventure.
Find out about some of Ireland’s most remarkable women who changed or are changing history including:
- Eileen Gray (1878-1986), Designer and Architect
- Dame Kathleen Lonsdale (1903-1971), Newbridge-born Scientist
- Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell (b. 1943), Astrophysicist
- Mary Robinson (b. 1944), first woman President of Ireland
- Sonia O’Sullivan (b. 1969) World Champion Athlete
In total there will be over 18 panels on display, illuminating the lives of these extraordinary women with pictures and stories.
Sarah Webb’s book which features these women and many others from history, Blazing a Trail, illustrated by Lauren O’Neill, is published by O’Brien Press.
This exhibition was first presented by DLR LexIcon in October 2018.