This Must Be the Place: Artist Incubation Space
Monday 6th November – 9th December
After our successful offering of studio space to artists this summer we are delighted to announce a Winter Incubation Space period to close our 2017 programme.
Do you need more space to develop your artwork? We are offering Kildare based artists or artists originally from Kildare with all levels of experience an opportunity to use McKenna Art Gallery at Riverbank Arts Centre as their own studio for short or long periods of time throughout 2017. Artists can apply to use the space for 1 day to three consecutive days and up to four days a week for five weeks.
Please note: The availability of the incubation space will be dependent on application and we will be unable to offer any applicants the use of the space on Mondays during this time.
The deadline for all applications for the Artist Incubation Space: Tuesday 26th of September at 12 noon.
The incubation space may suit those who want to:
- Develop or continue a particular body of work
- Work in an art studio for the first time
- Have the space to reflect and think about their work
- Have the space or time to develop or improve skills
To apply please send:
- A brief description of how you would like to use the space and time, including why this is important for you personally and/or for your practice. (Maximum amount of words 250)
- An artist’s CV if you have one or a brief note describing how long you have been making art and anywhere you have shown your work or have done arts based activities, for example: workshops/projects etc.
- A number of images/example of your work (Maximum 10)
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Carolann on 083 1709589 / 045 4488316
All applications can be either:
Emailed to: email@example.com /
Posted to: Carolann Courtney c/o This Must Be the Place, Incubation Space, Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge, Co. Kildare
The Creative Well is a Kildare County Council (KCC) Arts Service Arts and Wellbeing project currently in partnership with Riverbank Arts Centre as This Must Be the Place, an arts and health residency exploring the permeable nature of the gallery as a space and place for making, discussion, encountering and exhibition.