BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Chart topping and multi-award winning singer- songwriter Megan O’Neill returns to Riverbank to host a week long musical workshop for young people aged 9-12 years exploring song-writing, lyric writing, collaborating and performance.
Each student will write at least one full song in these four days (although some will write more) and there will be the option to design your own artwork and record your song towards the end of the workshop.
The week will explore the following:
· An introduction to song-writing. What is a song? What do we need to create a song? What are the key tools?
· Lyric writing. What are lyrics? What makes a great lyric? Looking at the differences between poems and songs.
· Various genres in music (rock, pop, country, folk, etc) and styles of song-writing for each specific genre.
· Cowriting and collaborating with others.
· Performance: What makes a good performance? How do we connect with our audience through recorded music and through live performance?
On the last day (Friday 7th July) there will be a live performance at 1pm where parents and friends will be invited and students can perform one of their own original songs live for the audience.
This summer camp will be facilitated by chart topping and multi-award winning singer-songwriter Megan O’Neill. For more information about Megan, see her website
This summer-camp runs from Monday 3 July – Friday 7 July, 10am-2pm each day. Please bring a packed lunch!
Photo of Megan O’Neill above by Mich Behan